F/T starting at £23,400 plus £500.00 BONUS
Are you looking for a rewarding full-time career that puts your work and life balance in perfect harmony?
Our Call Monitors work 8 hours per day, and we can provide you with a rota four weeks in advance, so you have plenty of time to plan your life routines.
Do you want to expand your knowledge of working in the care industry and progress your career?
With full training by our dedicated Call Monitoring team, we can help you grow your career and income opportunities at the same time!
Who are we?
We are Care in Hand, a high-quality care at home service. Our passion is to support those we care for daily across Pembrokeshire, operating in our four office locations.
Our journey in offering the best possible care throughout Pembrokeshire started in 2004, and we have been nurturing our company with a positive attitude and devotion towards care ever since.
We believe in creating an optimistic, fun and engaging workplace that inspires our colleagues to build meaningful relationships with each other and those they care for.
Our people-centric approach for leading and supporting our colleagues will help you feel more fulfilled and involved within Care in Hand. With a modern and innovative style of operating our business, we provide the tools and technologies to help support you and grow within our company. From a dedicated in-house call contact centre where colleagues can reach out at any time right through to a Care Friends mobile app offering a host of rewards and incentives, our ethos is to put employee support and wellbeing at the heart of everything we do.
What is the role?
We are looking to attract a flexible community and office-based experienced carer who can contribute and thrive in a workplace culture based on respect and dignity for those in need of care and support. We offer a generous salary starting at £23,400 and rising to £23,608 after six months probation.
If you are kind, warm and compassionate, you would fit in nicely with our team here at Care in Hand. You will be supported by a strong network of talented colleagues, including Care assistants, Senior Care Assistants, Care Supervisors, Care Managers, Human Resource and Finance Department, Public Relations, Social Media and Communications and Wellbeing Coach.
We would love to recruit someone who shares our values and behaviours that include:
• We are Inclusive. The people we care for are at the heart of everything we do.
• We are Caring. We treat everyone with respect and kindness.
• We have integrity. When we promise something, we don’t let people down.
What can you expect?
As a Call Monitor, you will have achieved or are working towards QCF level 2 and have a minimum of 6 months of domiciliary care experience. Due to the nature of this role, a driving license and own car is required. You will be required to work five days throughout Monday – Sunday 6 am – 2 pm or 2 pm – 10.30 pm and receive a Rota 4 weeks in advance of your 8-hour shifts.
The duties for this role include:
· Monitoring staff and client’s visits using our web-based software. You will be working with a team of Call Monitors.
· Notifying individuals we care for with updated communications and our team of any company/client changes.
· Providing care for all individuals we have been entrusted to help and support.
· Sickness cover where required.
What we offer
We aim to provide the following fantastic staff benefits and as many opportunities as possible, which include:
• EXCELLENT RATES OF PAY – Starting at a salary of £23,400, this rises to £23,608 after completing the probationary period. Holiday pay is included in the salary too.
• £500.00 BONUS for sign up AND an additional birthday plus work anniversary bonus.
• REFER A FRIEND £205.00 BONUS
• CARE FRIENDS MOBILE APP – New for 2021, we have launched an interactive ‘giving back to our staff’ App designed to help you accrue more financial incentives. This is done via a referral and bonus points operating system.
Share jobs = points for you.
Refer new recruits to apply = points for you. With so many more points up for grabs, all you need to do is sit back and watch your points grow!
From discounted DBS check fees to receiving £200.00 for achieving a QCF qualification, our Care Friends App is THE ‘go-to’ for collecting points and prizes. We recognise and reward our colleague’s contribution to the company at every opportunity.
• COMPANY PENSION AND ACCESS TO A COMPANY CAR IN EVENT OF EMERGENCY
• COMPREHENSIVE TRAINING – Our thorough 3-stage Induction, along with our very own call monitoring training, will get you off to the BEST start working with us and helping equip you with the knowledge and skills to help you in your job. If you want to progress your career, we will help you. If you want to achieve your QCF level 3 or above, we can support you with this too.
• ONGOING EMPLOYEE SUPPORT – We provide all Care Assistants with a mobile device application to access their schedule in real-time and receive messages which will help you in your role. You will have access to our Wellbeing Coach and a subscription to one of the UK’s leading providers of employee benefits programmes. This offers counselling advice to employees with personal problems
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, you can apply now, and a member of our team will be in touch.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract, Permanent
Salary: From £23,400.00 per year
All policies and procedures are in accordance with Welsh Government guidance, and personal protective equipment is completely free and accessed from any of our 4 regional offices or dropped off to nearby collection points.