Are you looking for a rewarding career that puts your work and life balance in perfect harmony?
Work weekends only
Or maybe you are looking for flexible shifts that you choose?
We can help you with that too!
Who are we?
We are Care in Hand, a high-quality care at home service. Our passion is to support those we care for daily across Pembrokeshire, operating in our four office locations.
Our journey in offering the best possible care throughout Pembrokeshire started in 2004, and we have been nurturing our company with a positive attitude and devotion towards care ever since. We believe in creating an optimistic, fun and engaging workplace that inspires our colleagues to build meaningful relationships with each other and those they care for.
Our people-centric approach for leading and supporting our colleagues will help you feel more fulfilled and involved within Care in Hand. With a modern and innovative style of operating our business, we provide the tools and technologies to help support you and grow within our company. From a dedicated in-house call contact centre where colleagues can reach out at any time right through to a mobile app offering a host of rewards and incentives, our ethos is to put employee support and wellbeing at the heart of everything we do.
What is the role?
We are looking to attract a Care Assistant who can contribute and thrive in a workplace culture based on respect and dignity for those in need of care and support. If you are kind, warm and compassionate, you would fit in nicely with our team here at Care in Hand.
We would love to recruit someone who shares our values and behaviours that include:
• We are Inclusive. The people we care for are at the heart of everything we do.
• We are Caring. We treat everyone with respect and kindness.
• We have integrity. When we promise something, we don’t let people down.
What can you expect?
As a Care Assistant, your daily tasks will include:
• The promotion of our service user’s independence and maintaining high levels of dignity.
• The assistance service users with personal care such as washing and dressing.
• The prompting medication.
• The utilising safe movement and handling techniques.
• The preparation of light meals and snacks.
• A driving license is required for this role.
What we offer
We aim to provide the following fantastic staff benefits and as many opportunities as possible, which include:
• FLEXIBLE SHIFT PATTERNS – We offer part-time and full time to suit each individual’s needs and wants. A bonus is that we provide 4-week Rota’s to help plan your schedules.
• FLEXIBLE LOCATIONS – You can work close to home most of the time across our four key locations. Perfect for popping in for a cuppa and chatting with the team too!
• EXCELLENT RATES OF PAY – We pay £12.42 per hour with yearly pay increases and paid annual holidays. ‘Time and a Half’ is paid for Bank Holidays and ‘Double Time’ for Christmas Day.
• UP TO REFER A FRIEND £205.00 BONUS
• ADDITIONAL ANNUAL INCENTIVES – From discounted DBS check fees to receiving £200.00 for achieving a QCF qualification, our staff mobile APP is THE ‘go-to’ for collecting points and prizes. We recognise and reward our colleague’s contribution to the company at every opportunity.
• COMPANY PENSION AND ACCESS TO A COMPANY CAR IN EVENT OF EMERGENCY
• COMPREHENSIVE TRAINING – Our thorough 3-stage Induction programme will get you off to the BEST start working with us and helping equip you with the knowledge and skills to help you in your job. If you want to progress your career, we will help you. If you want to study, we can support you with this too.
• ONGOING EMPLOYEE SUPPORT – We provide a mobile device application to access your schedule in real-time and receive messages. You also have access to our dedicated in-house call handling centre and our wellbeing coach, who offers counselling advice to employees with personal problems.
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, then you can apply now. Or, to find out more, we are primed and ready to speak to you today!!
Part-time hours: 16 per week
Job Types: Part-time, Contract, Permanent
Salary: £12.42 per hour. For contracted hours you will need to work at least 16 hours. Please ask about casual rates, contingency(on standby), training & shadowing and top up as these differ.
All policies and procedures are in accordance with Welsh Government guidance. Personal protective equipment is completely free and accessed from our four regional offices or dropped off at nearby collection points.