At Care in Hand, we are continuously working with our staff and listening to their feedback.
This helps us provide an attractive work package centred around what they tell us that would improve and benefit their experience of working for us.
We have listed these benefits below and the rate of pay is demonstrated on a Domiciliary Community Carer job role.
- Monthly pay including online payslips.
- Shift pay guarantees 6 ½ hours pay in the morning shift 6:45am – 1:45pm and / or 5 ¾ hours pay in the evening shift 3:45pm – 10:00pm
- Rate of pay for carers ranging from £10.40- £10.65 above the average for all of Wales.
- There are enhanced rates of pay for Saturday & Sunday shifts.
- Travelling time pay is calculated using Google maps.
- Daily shift analysis ensures sufficient client’s hours and accurate travelling time applied.
- December pay received before Christmas Day.
- Enhancements on bank holidays and Christmas Day.
- Excellent financial incentives for longer distance travelling or working on standby.
- Staff work mostly in the area they live.
- Mileage is paid fortnightly in line with up-to-date national fuel prices tax-free.
- We operate using ‘Electronic Mileage Wizard’ which saves time completing exhaustive mileage claims.
- In the event of emergencies, we offer free use of the modern company fleet cars.
- Excellent career progression and support.
- Call monitoring software and free app for phones and tablet devices.
- We prefer to offer contracted hours.
- We offer flexible contracts for students or for people who have a second job.
- 3 regional drop-in offices equipped with staff room, kitchen facilities and toilets across Pembrokeshire.
- Excellent qualified office and field support 6am to 10.30pm 365 days a year.
- Employee ‘Free Kit Bag’ to include:
- Uniforms & Jacket
- Gloves, aprons, COVID-19 protective eyewear, hand sanitisers and masks
- ID badges, torches
- Reduced rate of £25 for your Disclosure Barring Service check – we pay the rest.
Care Friends Mobile app – In 2021, we launched an interactive ‘giving back to our staff’ App designed to help staff accrue more financial incentives. This is done via a referral and bonus points operating system.
Share jobs = points for you. Refer new recruits to apply = points for you. With so many more points up for grabs, all you need to do is sit back and watch your points grow!
Please visit our available vacancies here where you can also register your interest for future vacancies.